Acer Aspire 5100-3357 P.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer Aspire 5100-3357 that was working fine with Windows Vista until I was on line and Windows downloaded some updates for Vista. Now my screen is PURPLE where it should be white. I thought I wiped Vista and put XP on it. Still purple. Wiped that and put Suse Linux and still purple. It is not the screen itself when the installs happen it is fine but once the operating system is complete it is...you guessed it purple. Should I blame Acer or Vista, I don't know but anyone have similar problems and PLEASE tell me how you fixed it?

After you install the Operating System, you have to install the drivers for the laptop's motherboard. These drivers include video, sound, network and chipset.

Normally the video should be fine as far as color. Only video size is changed by adding drivers... Who knows why your screen goes purple. The LCD screen may be defective

Out of the blue? or purple I should say. One minute it's fine then Windows wants to add updates then the laptop is totally messed up???? wtf?

Laptops/notebooks have 2 partitions on the hard drive. There is the normal C and then some have a D or a "hidden" partition.

Place your XP or Vista CD in and boot from it. Delete the existing C partition (it will be the largest in the list) set a new partition and format it NTFS FULL. DO NOT USE OUICK. This will erase everything on the C partition, leaving the D or hidden partition untouched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back