Activating infrared port if laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourabh

activating infrared port of laptop

i have toshiba m35x s109 notebook. i want to activate infrared port on that. can anyone tell me how to activate infrared port or i have to install any software for that.

i am using windows xp home edition. is it possible an infrared connection in windows xp home edition or i have to upgrade it

please tell me

1. Reboot your computer
2. As soon as you see the first screen ever pop up, then hit F8, or whatever button it tells you to press if you want to get into the setup. It will appear somewhere on the page.
3. When Setup opens, scroll through the pages until it mentions an "IR Port." Set the corresponding value from "Off" to whatever "On" setting there is.
4. Save changes, then exit Setup.
5. Infrared port should be enabled.

It's probably the delete key that you need to hit to enter the BIOS setup. If not the delete key, then it's most likely F4 or F10, but it should never be F8 since F8 is used by Windows for start up options. In the BIOS setup, check the integrated peripherals section.

i entered bios (f2 key) but there is no such option in that it has very few options. it is versio 1.40 of bios
and i am using windows xp home edition.
please tell me another way or i have to upgrade it to win xp.

Your problem has nothing to dow with XP Home or Pro.
Using that same Everest I advised you in another post, it should tell you if your IR is active or not. What do you want to use it for?
Basically it is only good for communicating with a mobile phone or PDA, and that at a very slow speed.

realblackstuff said:
Your problem has nothing to dow with XP Home or Pro.
Using that same Everest I advised you in another post, it should tell you if your IR is active or not. What do you want to use it for?
Basically it is only good for communicating with a mobile phone or PDA, and that at a very slow speed.

i dont know how to identify it is active or not. can you tell me is it active or not. if not how to activate it.

Device Properties:
Driver Description Infrared Port
Driver Date 7/1/2001
Driver Version 5.1.2535.0
Driver Provider Microsoft
INF File netrasa.inf
Hardware ID MS_IrdaMiniport

everest shows this when i click on infrared

i want to use it with my mobile phone for transfering images.

Looks like it is installed. You will need some 3rd-party software to communicate between phone and laptop. Can't help you there.

hi guyz i'm newbie here... i want to know something... juz fe days aogo format ma laptop Compaq Presario V3000... format successful ..but prob is... the infrared didn't work.... how to enable it in Compaq Laptop...can someone help me to tell the way how to enable the infrared......thanks a million in advances...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back