Activating Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

My computer is asking me for a cd-key for Windows XP Professional, and it will not let me log in to my computer. I bought this computer for ebay with windows xp installed and i updated it. Before I updated it, this never happened. But now it wants me to pay around $150 USD for a new cd key, which I don't have the money for.

You are SOL then. Your only option for XP is to call up Microsoft and tell them your situation, they are not going to be much help I'm sure.

So your options are to pay for your OS, or use an OS you can afford, or use a free OS.

SNGX1275 said:
You are SOL then. Your only option for XP is to call up Microsoft and tell them your situation, they are not going to be much help I'm sure.

So your options are to pay for your OS, or use an OS you can afford, or use a free OS.
What is SOL? And, I contacted the guy who sold me the computer and he gave me a CD-KEY, but it still did not activate my windows... I might as well give up.

The OL means out of luck. What happens when you try to activate. You can call microsoft and see about getting it activated that way, that is about your only shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back