Ad-Aware settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

This is aimed mainly at Ad-Aware users. The settings on mine, the "Auto save to log file" & "Safe mode" are ticked, "Run at Windows start-up" & "Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal" are not [an X is shown]
Obviously the first two make sense, & "Run at Windows start-up" is my preference, as I might just pop on-line for a few secs, literally, to see if I have mail, & running Ad Aware takes a couple of minutes, but is the auto quarantine important do you think?, after each run, the objects found are listed, would it be better if they were quarantined, I ask this, as after getting rid of Bullseye etc., at the present I am only getting un-named trackers, [could they be quarantined?] & more dangerous things might, & probably will come back.
To sum up, I reckon that if I do quarantine the trackers, there will be more next time I run it, & I will only get an over-stuffed quarantine, your opinions/comments will be welcome, as usual.

Maurice

I have mine set to quarantine. I run it every two or three days. Every two or three weeks I delete the quarantine files.

Yes, as long as after you quarantine your files the computer works fine, no problems, you can get rid of the quarantine. Unless you have lots of space on you HDD you can leave them, until you need to clear up some space, then delete your oldest quarantine first.

Thanks, poertner & Lunatic, BTW, welcome to TS, Phoenix man, rose from the ashes, huh?
Thought it might be best, I presumed, wrongly that it did it automatically, as does AVG.

Maurice
hump.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back