Ad-Aware2007.ex.exe has generated errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All:

RE: Aware Free 2007 (v 7.0.2.6)

"Ad-Aware2007.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

my OS = MS Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4

Copied & Pasted directly from Event Viewer after product installation:
"Product: Ad-Aware 2007 -- Installation operation completed successfully."

Copied & Pasted directly from Event Viewer after attempting to start product:
"The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 01/16/2008 @ 21:30:58.858 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7801065F (strchr)" Event ID: 4097

FYI:
1) when support (def. updates) for Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition (v 1.06) ended, I was forced to uninstall the product and install Ad-Aware Free 2007 (v 7.0.2.6). I was extremely apprehensive to install the new product given the amount of negative feedback there is about its performance....I took a chance and installed it anyway.
2) I'm very careful about installing/uninstalling software....I'm sure the uninstall of the previous product was clean and the installation of the new product was clean.
3) I have no antivirus or firewall apps installed and I don't want to go off on another tangent before I resolve this issue....I'm confident that my system has not been corrupted by anything.
4) aawservice.exe is running in the background (it starts automatically upon system startup), I confirmed this using the TASK MANAGER. I still get the stated program error message whenever I start Ad-Aware 2007.
5) the only other anti-spyware installed is Spybot S&D (v 1.5.1) and MS Malicious Software Removal Tool (runs once upon system startup). No conflicts existed between them and Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, in fact I was completely happy with the integrity of my system before I installed....
6) uninstalled Ad-Aware Free 2007 (completely and cleanly) and then reinstalled....guess what? SAME ERROR!

as of today, 01-21-08:
Ad-Aware Update Manager works correctly....I successfully downloaded current, available Ad-Aware 2007 Free updates earlier today....still can't start the Ad-Aware 2007 Free app however.

Does anyone have a solution???
Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back