ad.firstadsolution.com PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this problem for a week and is really starting to annoy me now. Its a pop up called ad.firstadsolution and it pops up at the start of IE, i have already read the other one in here but it didnt help. I trust u guys are experts so just please tell me wat i need to do

I m not sure if this is right,
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:31:48 AM, on 12/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

It is attached

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of BrisBroncos only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I`m sorry, but I cannot open a .doc file due to the risk of viruses.

Please post a fresh HJt log as either a .log file or a .txt file.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of BrisBroncos only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You r joking ? lols i read somewhere to post them as .doc.... sorry just read then they must not be far out lolz i went to all that trouble to paste it into a .doc

No, I wasn`t joking. .doc files can carry viruses, so there`s no way I`ll ever open one. The instructions quite clearly say not to use .doc files.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Ooze info dupe.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Eqmode] C:\DOCUME~1\user\APPLIC~1\IDLEBI~1\Ooze info dupe.exe

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {69EF49E5-FE46-4B92-B5FA-2193AB7A6B8A} (GameLauncher Control) - http://www.acclaim.com/cabs/acclaim_v4.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5EE548B6-7A0B-4056-B0C4-72A32D23AF16}: Domain = qld.bigpond.net.au

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DDEC7539-C661-4E85-A118-104992402904}: NameServer = 10.0.0.138

Only fix the above 017 entries if they don`t belong to your ISP or you don`t know the domain.

Fix all 018 protocol entries from logitech. They are not needed and won`t affect your equipment.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\user\APPLIC~1\IDLEBI~1\Ooze info dupe.exe

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and an AVG Antispyware log.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

VirusBursters<this is a rogue anitspyware programme and needs to be removed.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

virusbursters.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusBursters] C:\Program Files\VirusBursters\virusbursters.exe /h

O18 - Protocol: offline-8876480 - {E493241A-805B-4F5C-BC63-509D10366C23} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\VirusBursters<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs. This is the third time, I`ve asked for an AVG Antispyware log, please make sure you post one.

Ok, i will do that later, because the avg spyware thing takes along time, i accidently cancelled it twice half way through. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back