Add fedora core 5 to dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to triple boot fedora core 5 on my dual boot xandros / XP machine and am wondering about the boot loaders. Can anyone tell me how xandros' LILO settings might or might not coexist with fedora (I believe GRUB) I loaded windows 1st, then xandros. Is it possible to keep xandros boot options at start-up, and will it add the new OS as an option?

Yes. When installing Fedora, tell it not to install a bootloader at all or put GRUB in the Fedora partition. After the restart, boot into Xandros and edit the lilo configuration file to include your Fedora. You may have to look at the Fedora GRUB configuration (/boot/grub/menu.lst in the Fedora installation) to figure out the exact kernel, parameters and initrd. Reboot into Fedora to finish installation.

Many thanks nodsu, can you point me to any links or howto on this procedure? I'm new to linux and want to avoid fubar my system....

Can you choose to use Grub with Xandros? I think you can choose to add the Fedora entry to the existing grub that way.

Or, during the Fedora installation, maybe it will detect Xandros, as it's doing with Windows.

Thanks, I don't think grub's an option with xandros but I'm gonna set up a partition and work with fedora and see where I get. Any input appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back