add network printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint01

I am not sure what has happened here. the network that I took over is a mess. they have 2 domains, but for no apparent reason.

Bascially, the active domain is an AD domain. I wanted to have a couple of machines add a network printer, but they won't do it. If I map a network drive, and use the admin password, the printers work fine. But if I don't do that, then they say that the permissions are wrong.

All of the users are in the AD domain. The funny thing is that the users that are not in the AD domain, can add a network printer fine.

any help? Thanks in advance.

Try logging into the machine locally as Admin and adding the printer. (Note the difference between the AD Admin account and the local machine admin account- you have to chose to log into this machine, not the domain.)

It should be available to all users then.

How are you adding a network printer? Creating a local IP port and using that? Or using a LPR queue of types? What OS'es are the client, and server machines are running?

These details will help greatly if the above advice doesn't help. (Hope it does!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back