Add/Remove Programs doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Windows XP, I havn't changed anything, and thats why I suspect this is a virus that I can't detect.

I open up my add/remove programs from the control panel and when I go to uninstall something, nothing happens when I click the change, remove, or change/remove buttons. The rest of the window seems to work.

EDIT: This only happens for 3 files. Rome: Total War, Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion, and Acclaims Bots. (All games > 700 Megs.)

So it only does that for those 3 files?

You could try uninstalling it a diffrent way by going to:

C: Drive > Program Files and go to the name of the file that has total rome in it and delete it or do the Uninstaller for the games ;)

Hope I helped :D

( Were you trying to uinstall the games only or are you just concerned that it wouldnt work? )

Keep in mind that simply deleting the folder from Program Files isn't uninstalling the game (program). If you do it that way, you'd also have to go to the registry and delete all the applicable entries wherever they are.

There is a third party utility you could try such as the free CCleaner. It has a feature that will uninstall programs listed in the Add/Remove Programs. Find it here

Sometimes it helps to do an install over the already installed program and then try to uninstall it through add/remove programs.

mailpup said:
Keep in mind that simply deleting the folder from Program Files isn't uninstalling the game (program). If you do it that way, you'd also have to go to the registry and delete all the applicable entries wherever they are.

There is a third party utility you could try such as the free CCleaner. It has a feature that will uninstall programs listed in the Add/Remove Programs. Find it here

This helped alot, thanks :)

Oh yeah forgot about the registry :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back