Add/Remove Programs List: Blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know how to run system restore? if not click on the start button, click run. then type in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe" choose a date when your add/remove programs control panel worked. hope it helps.

I tried doing that but it says the location is not available. I tried going manually to it, but the farthest I got was "system32", and in that folder there is no "Restore"

Thank you, I found it.

But whenever I try and restore to an earlier date, it keeps on saying the restoration was unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong?

are you running antivirus?
as far as the restore not working...i too get that sometimes.
and the reason eludes me.soooo....i'll let the big dawgs answere that one.

I am running an antivirus program, but I am clueless as to how to turn it off.

If anyone is still reading I still need to know how to fix the problem.

Thanks.

to turn off your program, find it in the taskbar, bottom right hand side of your screen, next to the clock. right clik on your anti-virus program icon, and click exit.

I have Command AntiVirus for Windows. When I right click on it, it only has "Configure AntiVirus" or "Configure Dynamic Virus Protection" options, no "Exit". And when I open the program, I go to tast>exit, but it only closes the window, it is still on the taskbar.

ok try disabling dynamic antivirus protection. that should be whats keeping you from being able to restore if the other guy is right. right click on command antivirus in the taskbar, click on configure dynamic~~~~ try to find a way to disable the dynamic or realtime protection.

I unchecked a box that said "Enable Dynamic Virus Protection", then attempted to restore my computer again. It was still unsuccessful. :dead:

I've been doing some searching trying to find something about your problem. Everything I've found points to a registry problem. I've seen several possible fixes for this, but I"m hesitant to tell you to do it because it involves doing some registry editing, and you can make things worse if you mess that up. So, I'm going to suggest you do what I did, do a Google for "blank add/remove". You'll find quite a few hits about this problem.

Do a Google, look at some of the answers, and see if you want to get involved in registry editing.

I'm just not confident enough to tell you to do this. Maybe someone else can join in that knows more than I do.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your time.

What exactly is registry editing? I suppose if I don't even know what it means that it is most likely the case that I will mess up somewhere.

But I will search on google, thank you for the advice.

Here you go...I had this problem on an older computer....

Follow:

Start/Run/(type)REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL/(click)Ok

It should work...if you try this I am not liable for any damage caused by this fix.

Just a precaution :D

Since everyone has little faith in my doing things right, do you recommend I get it professionally fixed? Because I really don't want to make things worse. What exactly does the instructions you gave me do that could make things "bad"?

I dont think it can hurt your system at all...its just a warning that if something does freakishly happen...im not liable...but that goes for any advice someone gives you..you use it at your own risk...you drive a car at your own risk...you drink beer at your own risk...just a precaution...

Id do it if i were you...but thats just me :D

Hope it works for you if you do decide to use it...

ok buckethead, i just did it and my computer works fine. if you don't believe me, i could send you some screenshots. i would love to see you get this problem fixed because i bet it isnt fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back