Add/remove programs only displays programs on c drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I inherited a computer and upgraded it from 98 to XP. It had been set up with fat files (don't ask, somebody must have thought it was a good idea at the time) and hence multiple logical drives. Using partition manager, I got the files upgraded to ntsd (i'm dyslexic and didn't go back to check the initials) and am in the process of consolidating more logical drives. My problem now is that the add/remove programs list only shows the programs on c: drive. I want to uninstall some things so I can re-install them on the new consolidated c: drive. Any ideas on how I can get add/remove programs to list my other programs? Thanks for any help.

This might sound like trouble, but I think you would be much better to just format and start over with a fresh install of XP. That way you know you got it right, and I've seen problems with upgrading from something to XP. Just a thought, especially if you are going to be uninstalling programs and reinstalling them. Just start over and install them :p

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Changing drive letters is a nightmare in Windows. Installing programs on partitions shared between WIndows installations is just asking for trouble.

As poertner said, since you are doing major reorganisations anyway then it would be much easier to just start from a clean slate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back