add/remove programs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayesey

Hi, i have a very annoying problem. first off ill explain what i want to do. I want to install championship manager 03/04. I have had it installed previously on my PC, but i dont think it uninstalled properly when i got rid of it. When i try to install it says ' another version of this product is installed. installation of this vrsion cannot continue. to configure or remove the existing version of this product, use add/remove programs in control panel.' so im thinking fair enough. i go to add/remove programs and find an entry CM 03-04, i then click remove. another message pops up 'another version of thisproduct is already installed, installation of this version cannot continue. to configure or remove the existing version of this product, use add/remove programs in control panel.' i click ok and then it is gone from add/remove programs. i close add/remove pograms then open up again and it is there again. i do the same thing with the same problems again.
i then tried removing it from the registry. i went here 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall' but couldnt find it, i thought that showed everything in add/remove programs, i was obviously wrong.

i then tried a program called remove which also shows up everything in the registry, although it didnt show cm 03-04.

i cant work out what the problem is, its in add/remove programs but it is nowhere else. i really want to install the game but just cant.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Go into Regedit to: HKLM/Software
Make a backup of that "branch", set your cursor on Software then click on Files (top left of Regedit screen) and select "Export ..."
The next screen will let you give that backup a name (remember what and where), leave Export range at "Selected Branch" and press Save.

Now look for any entries that deal with your CM 04/04, put your cursor on those entries, press the Delete-key and confirm.
When done, exit regedit and reboot.
You should now be able to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back