Add/remove programs screwed up???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! i'm new here but i thought maybe you might be able to gimme an answer...i had emule plus on my computer (a music downloading program) and i went to uninstall it but it didn't completely uninstall and its not on my program list anymore......HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? it just doesnt want to leave

Well it shoudl have uninstaled properly. Why didnt it?

First u can try 2 reinstall it then uninstall it again.

OR
This is a dangerous procedure if u dont know what ur doin. Try the first procedure first!
if u go 2 "<Your drive letter>:\Program Files\" then find the folder for EMule. Delete it.
(If it doesnt allow u 2 delete it. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL click the "processes" tab and find "EMULE.exe or something like that. Then click "YES"")

Then click start -> run and type "regedit"
This will open the registry editor with some tree-view folder on the side.
Click HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software. then navigate to EMule (Might b under a company name) then right click the tree view for EMule and delte it! Just b careful u r deleting only the Emule folder not anything else

If it doesnt exist then dont worry about it.

U can do the same thing for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE" find EMule and delete the folder.

This should remove the basis of the program.

This is the way I'd do it:

1. locate the eMule folder in c:\program files and delete it. If it will not delete, go into the folder and delete each file one by one until you find the one or more file that is locked (this would stop you deleting the folder wholesale).

2. Download the freeware Unlocker from http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ and use this to unlock the file(s), then delete them/it.

3. Download the freeware Regcleaner 4.3 from http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/RegCleaner/963771680/1 and on the software tab look for any eMule entries in either column (you can sort them alphabetically). Tick and remove them.

4. Then, still in Regcleaner, click the uninstall menu tab and remove any eMule entry there.

5. Then, still in Regcleaner, click the startup list tab and remove any eMule entry there.

WARNING: Don't get carried away with Regcleaner and start removing other stuff! ;)

6. Optionally (to tidy up) you could search your C drive using Windows for other eMule folders and delete them. There may be some in c:\documents and settings\[your user name]\application data.

There may be other tools that do all this automatically for you, but I don't know of any that are freeware.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back