Add Slave Hard Drive to new emachines Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for any help in advance. I have an older emachines computer with a 2.2 Ghz Celeron and 40G hard drive. The motherboard (chip) is no longer working. I would like to add this hard drive to my new emachines AMD Athlon 2.2 (3400+) 200 GB hard drive, as a slave drive. Is this a good idea? Where could I find instructions on how to do this. I have data on that drive, I could erase it or transfer it to the new drive or leave it on that drive, which way would work best ? I will be installing a video capture card soon so I think I would like the extra 40g of drive to just use as video storage to burn DVDs. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Yeah, I don't see why not. Just install the drive and make sure you set the drive as slave. Your pc should recognize it as another drive and you should be fine.

Oh yeah, um, if you just want to store videos, I suggest storing them on dvd's. It's a lot cheaper. You already have a 200GB hd right? Is that space all used up? Well it's up to you if you want to have 240GB storage on your computer. You can buy like a 50 pack of dvds, each 4gb's, for like 20 or 30 bucks and that will let you store like 200gbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back