Add your system specs to TechSpot profiles!

Julio Franco

Staff member
Although members have been able to post system specs on their user profiles for a long time, I agree your profile was not the ideal place to showcase that information.

For that reason I have added a feature to have system specs readily available along with every post you make in our forums.

See where my join date, and post number information is? I have added a drop down link that displays key information about your system.

Want to add yours? Go to User Profile > Edit profile > Set "System Specs" to YES, then add your system specs information and you are done! :D

PS: Only key information such as CPU, videocard, etc. is shown. The complete system profile, and an option to add a second system is still only available through your member page.

Julio, I think that is a great idea. Now let's get some users to sign up and start using it! I'll get mine filled in when I get home on Friday.

In the time it took you to post that you could have checked the box in your profile and started to make a cup of coffee in that little 1 cup maker they probably have in your room.

A lot of our members have already filled their specs in the profile, they just need to set the drop down to YES, and voila!

Great feature. I just enabled mine.

Is there any way to add Power Supply as a separate item in the profile and perhaps the new drop down as well? I realize there are limits and we don't have to include every detail but power supplies are fairly important components these days. Just a thought.

Anyway to add more than one System Specs well I see we might have room for two system specs to be shown right?

Back