Addiction

BlindObject

Is it me or...

It's crazy addictive to upgrade and buy things for your computer??

Seriously, I bought a case and a Power Supply. Cause I actually needed them.

A week later, there I am buying a new video card and more lights. For my machine.

Another day passes buy and I buy more RAM.

I love this.

Yes, computers are addicting in that way. It really pisses me off sometimes because I have no money to buy something non PC related.

^^what are you a marketer for bawls?

I wish I had money to buy a pc. its tough being in college. I can only do so much with my laptop. anyone know where i can get some free money?

It could be Impulse Control Disorder (ICD) !! This revolves around pleasure seeking activities and overindulging in them. Examples are roda rage (driving fast all the time), excessive partying, excessive gaming, gambling, pyromania, kleptomania, ... Anyhow,

I suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) which many confuse with ICD symptoms.

munch2477 said:
I wish I had money to buy a pc. its tough being in college. I can only do so much with my laptop. anyone know where i can get some free money?

Yeah there are a few ways to obtain free money, but eventually it will end up with you being somebody's b*tch in prison! :p

munch2477 said:
^^what are you a marketer for bawls?

Get a part-time job at a comp store. They will have lots of used or surplus parts they will gladly give you! When they replace some parts on a customer's comp, it's not always because it was defective! For example, I advised my step-father to upgrab his memory to 2GB. So the tech at rhe store removed his 512MB and popped in two 1GB sticks. They kept the old 512MB memory whic was still good. You get lots of situations like that at a comp store. Or a part that was incorretly ordered. Lots of free or discounted parts. Plus they will have all the tools you need to install them!

Thats actually not a bad idea. The only problem is i have a job for the summer and i dont think there is a computer store near my school which i can easily get too. Plus im an athlete and a full time procrastinator so i dont have that much time. Any one know of any stores in the Cambridge/Boston area?

Another idea crossed my mind. How about just asking at a local comp store if they have any used or surplus parts? The more I think about it, the more likely it is you can find some decent parts for your comp at little or no cost. I know in the automotive business, there are certain repairs in which a whole assembly is replaced. The business/mechanic either tosses the whole assembly or sometimes keeps certain parts for future repairs. Exactly by law, the customer is to retain any parts that have been replaced but, really, the customer has no use or desire to keep it (like a dentist removing your teeth! Do you really want to keep them?) Anyhow, if you call around to some stores, perhaps someone has some surplus parts.

Again, here's the another situation because it happened to me. I ordered a part for a customer of mine at a friend's store. But he ordered the wrong one. He complained it would cost him more to return it than it's worth. I offered to buy it at wholesale from him and keep it for a customer in the future who may need it.

(like a dentist removing your teeth! Do you really want to keep them?)

Hell yeah i want to keep them. Haven't you heard of the tooth fairy??!!

Yeah i guess its worth a try. The only thing is i feel like the parts they would have would be old by now and wouldnt be able to keep up with the gaming world of today

Beggars can't be choosers!!

One man's garbage is another man's treasure!!

Seriously, you'd be surprised! Doesn't cost you anything more than a phone call or a visit to find out what the store may be tossing in the bin!

Back