Adding another hd LED and power led need helps pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i went to the local radio shack todayand bought some leds just wondering if theres and easy way to replace them instead of the original power and hdd lights my case came with?
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Lucutis

Its very simple really. I don't know what kind of case you have, so how ever you'd get to the LEDs for power and HD, get there, ensure the power is shut off, cut the wires keeping in mind you will need to know which ones are power or HD and with one is positive and negative, strip the wires you just cut, solder the new LEDs to the wires and wrap with electrical tape. That's it.
Well that's it for how to do it, but do make sure that the LEDs are rated for around 3.3V being that's the amount of power running from the motherboard.

well i got one rated at 10 mA and another 20mA and the case used to have lights untill the door got magically ripped off the case is a raidmax scorpio... so im pretty sure i cant just do what u suggested lemme know anyway

So the door got ripped off? How did that happen?
Anyway, from the pictures I've seen of that case, I think the power and HD LEDs are not part of the door, but of the front face, so its a matter of removing the front face of the case to get to the LEDs, but I cant tell you how to do that because I have never seen one of these Scorpios in person. My guess would be screws and clips on the inside lip once you remove both side panels. Thats how my case worked, and I figure most would.

i got mad at the computer and tore the door off and im just getting around to fixing it anyway the lights were in the door and i just found it again and alll the wires so i pulled the door apart and im gonna have to do some soldering and hot glue gun fun :) heh oh well .... ill have to bring it to work to fix it cause i dont have a soldering iron or glue gun... ill post some pics when its completed of the b4 and after pics thanks anyway for replying

LOL i once put my foot through my case cause my usb ports were not being recognized by windows and wouldnt detect my mouse/keyboard - this was after a format and i was stuck on the time zone screen hehehe. The best thing i have found is to walk away - have a stiff drink and then go back to it a while later lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back