Adding classic nintendo games to an XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak_in_charge

I'm not sure if this is true or not, maybe you guys can shed light on this subject.

A friend of mine told me that he knew a guy, who by adding a chip or card of some sort was able to to get every classic Nintendo(NES) games to play on his XBOX. This caught my ear, I think it would be awesome to go back and mess around with all those old games.

Just wonderin if you guys had any thoughts or if you have heard anything about this. I just heard if through the grapvine so there may not even be such a thing, I was just curious.

Thanks for the info:D

I think your friend is making things up. There are mod chips so you can play backups/burned DVDRs/CDRs, but unless you could get a NES Emulator installed on the hard drive of an xbox, then burn the games to a DVDR (imagine that, a dvdr would hold like 1 trillion NES games :D) it would work. People had a hard enough time getting linux to run off the hard drive. You'd basically have to do the same thing as the Linux Project however put a NES emulator on.

With all that done, it would be exactly like playing an NES. With all that work + buying the console for 200/$300, I think I'd rather buy a 2nd hand NES ;)

There is a NES emulator for the PlayStation 1/2 that I like very much -> imbNES

& there's a Genesis Emulator for the PlayStation2 but you might need to look around a bit for that one.

google.gif

All isn't lost, there are all kinds of projects but like I said in my previous post, you need to look around for those. I don't think there are that many emulation adepts in here ( besides Mic & his trusty Windows emulator ;) ).

There are lots of Emulation forums, have a look there & ask around ( make sure the question hasn't been asked over there before though ).

Originally posted by Didou
All isn't lost, there are all kinds of projects but like I said in my previous post, you need to look around for those. I don't think there are that many emulation adepts in here ( besides Mic & his trusty Windows emulator ;) ).

There are lots of Emulation forums, have a look there & ask around ( make sure the question hasn't been asked over there before though ).

Thats a good idea. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks Didou:grinthumb

there are emulators where you can play NES on an Xbox or PS2. super nintendo, sega genesis, commodore 64, spectrum, gameboy advanced, cps2 games (like street figher), etc. there are a lot of forums and sites where you can download these emulators.

Originally posted by NoisySilence
Some people prefer playing in the comfort of their living room with a big TV rather then a monitor.

if you put ur comp behind a cabinet and use the tv out or vga--> composite video cable you can get the best of both worlds. otoh, why would you want to play nes games??? rnt the like pong and stuff? i personally would enjoy playing today's cutting edge games. the only mod chip for the xbox i know about is the xecuter chip that allows you to play burned games on dvd-r

Originally posted by somekid007
otoh, why would you want to play nes games??? rnt the like pong and stuff? i personally would enjoy playing today's cutting edge games.

That would be like asking why would people want to listen to Classical music when they can listen to Britney Spears.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Didou
That would be like asking why would people want to listen to Classical music when they can listen to Britney Spears.:rolleyes:

Why would you listen to brittany spears? You can play NES games on your X-Box through the use of a mod chip, i read about a man that had majority of the NES game Collection on it in APC (Australia Personal Computer)

why would you want to play nes games??? rnt the like pong and stuff?

PONG?!? You must be joking. Pong is close to being the origin of all video games. That's pre-atari, pre-commodore64, which both came before NES. In fact pong was *RE*-released on atari in 1975. NES came to America in 1986... 11 years later! Sure by today's standard NES is pretty base, but there were some pretty good games that came out on it back in the day. Lots of modern games are spin offs of the original NES games. Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Prince of Persia(great game btw, too short tho) and lets not forget Final Fantasy, to name a few .

I would rather be playing GTA: Vice City than Mario Bros ANY day, but come on, ...Pong????? give some credit to when video games started to mean something other than a sqaure bouncing between two rectangles. what do you think people will say about PS2 in 20 years?

Old-school video games rock...I mean, I love the new stuff, all the cutting edge technology and all, but you can't beat playing Crazy Climber in a 25 cent arcade, or playing Ultima II on an old pplte II plus...anyone remember Karateka? Good stuff man...

I've played an NES emulator on Dreamcast--it was pretty good--there were only a few games sthat it could not run.

Originally posted by lowman
anyone remember Karateka?

International Karate

Check out the other animations by the same guy ( Ironclaw2002 ). They're nice, especially if you have actually played those games on the original platforms.

I wonder how many people understood the opening video of GTA: Vice City.;)

Is there a way you can attach a NES contoller, or an N64 controller, or any Nintendo controller to your computer to use for your apps (as a USB device or something)? It would be cool to play racing games with an N64 controller!

I use a USB>PS adaptor on my PCs - allows me to use my dual shock and other Playstation controllers on my PC. Got it from Radioshack and it works flawlessly - especially for only $10 each. It even allows you to use the analog joysticks on the dualshock and my Namco stick for my old Capcom and SNK emus.

Will it work for Nintendo stuff, I don't have any spare PS controllers lying around. I think I'll probably need something more specialized...

No it won't. I haven't seen any N64 adaptors - but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. I'd take a look at liksang if I were you.

You can take a fairly old PC like a P133 and put a NES DOS Emulator on it to play around with games like LINK. Doesnt take much power.

I'm doing just that...I'm assembling an old computer to attach an NES controller into. I might eventualy fit it into an actual NES case.

if you add the mod chip to the xbox you can play all the nes games. they take up very little space on the hard drive. you will also want to change the hard drive so you can copy most xbox games to the hdd also. the load time for levels will be much quicker. look into mod chip and xbox online a little bit of trouble but yes it does every thing your friend told you and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back