Adding graphics card to Dell Dimension 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell dimension 3000 pent 4 windows XP. The current graphics card appears to be "onboard" my son is having problems playing some games and I was told I could add a better graphics card. Not knowing a whole lot about computers, I purchased a BFG Tech Nvidia 6200OC graphics card. I put it in an available slot in the computer and attempted to install it, messages appear it is working properly but.... I think there is some conflict between the "onboard" one and the installed one I want to use. Is there a way to "disable" an onboard graphics card? and once I do disable if possiable THEN do I plug the monitor into the new card?
Thanks for your help, ....my sons REALLY thank you....
momof4

Your manual will tell you how to disable your onboard graphics. If you haven't got it then visit the dell website.

Right click on My Computer => Manage => System Tools => Device Manager => Display Adapters => Right click on the Integrated card and choose Disable.

changing graphic card in dell Dimension 3000

Op2 said:
Right click on My Computer => Manage => System Tools => Device Manager => Display Adapters => Right click on the Integrated card and choose Disable.

I did it and it WORKED PERFECT! card it working and monitor is plugged into it and working also! no more black screens! This information was VERY helpful and was A B C to follow! thanks Op2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back