Adding ide hard drive to a sata setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me , I bought my friend an ide hd but he already got one so now i want to put it into my machine but i have a sata drive and i've heard that there can be problems when mixing the two, can anyone advise me on how to do this??

My specs are:
AMD 3000+
EPoX K8M 800 DDR:8HMMI-A series motherboard
Phonix 6.0 PG bios
Windows xp pro
Samsung SP250 sata hd

I have both, its not a problem as long as you set CMOS to boot to the right one, etc.

I've had zero issues with mine.

Hello! same for me, I've connected 2 IDE and 2 SATA on the same computer with no problems at all, but like Chris said make sure you select the appropiate setting on the BIOS, Good Luck!

thanks for that, i just have it plugged in but it's not been recognised, i'm not to hot with the BIOS settings,any ideas??

hi again, it's now been detected in the bios and i got the new hardware detected pop up on the desktop but I cant see it in my computer!, is there something I need to do?????
COULD SOMEONE HELP?

You can do this from inside Windows without the CD since this is an additional drive. Right click on My Computer, select Manage. Open Computer Management and select Disk Management.

can use any disk manager soft
can go to (right click)my computer,manage,disk manage
format
I use acronis or paragon I started with these awhile back and found no need to move
I have not used WD's stuff I use for basic seagate disc wizard
it will also do all other hdd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back