Adding Ram disabled my moniter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about this. I was installing more RAM and now I have no picture. I have made sure everything is connected but still no picture, with the new RAM or the old RAM. Am I missing something?

Welcome to techspot, hope to see you around :wave: I have a feeling the ram is incompatible with your mobo, i had a simaler problem. Please give me Specs and exact details of your Ram and mobo

have you tried to reseat the ram, as well as any devices in the vacinity (maybe you accedentaly knocked it)

clear the cmos, check power is running fine to the monitor and pc adn the data cable between the monitor and pc..

do not mix speeds , brands, types, or size of memory. RTFM of your motherboard to determine what it will take.

I reset the ram and the video card, thought I might of knocked it around, but it seems ok. I took out the CMOS to reset it too and that doesn't see to help. The moniter is on and the light is just blinking. I have the old ram in there, the computer is running, I just have no picture. Any other ideas?

can you get into bios at all? if so then check all settings are correct paying attention to ram settings and video (onboard or agp/pci) etc.. or maybe your mobo has a onboard graphics that you could try...

can we get your system specs please, including the specs of the ram and mobo?

I cannot get into the bios at all. I get no picture what so ever. Nothing, nada, zip. not sure on my mobo specs. 6A-6ZXC Rev 2.0 there is a F and a small c inside a big C before the 6A-6ZXC. maybe that means something to you guys. new RAM is a samsung PC133R-333-542-A1

alrite.. try and remove all devices and go to basic [mobo, cpu, psu, vid, sound], see if you get any beeps or if it works. if it does work, then one by one install each component untill you find the one..

check if your mobo has an onboard video plug and try that instead of the card.. if you dont, try and borrow/get another vid card and test it works or not, likewise with your vid card on another pc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back