Additional Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Hi all! I'm new here (check "Announce Yourself"), and this is my first "true" post.

Well, I'm building myself a system (first time). The case has a big 120mm fan (exhaust) on the back and one smaller 80mm fan on the front (intake). The side air duct should let my processor be cooled a little better. But I am still concerned about the other components.

Since there is no room to fit additional fans, what should I do? I'm under a low budget, so I can't spend too much. What I was thinking was adding a rear PCI slot exhaust fan... but then I would need to balance it out with another intake fan. But there is no room! Is there such a fan that fits in a normal 5.25" bay? Because I've got about 4+ empty 5.12" bays. I've looked and searched newegg for about half-an-hour now, but nothing.... With what keywords exactly should I search? Maybe I'm searching wrong.

Thanks guys! I'll probably be asking more than answering for now, but no worries - I shall learn! :D

I don`t know if you`ve heard of pci cooling fans, but take a look HERE for an example.

The fan would help to keep any graphics card you have nice and cool, as well as helping with the overall airflow inside the case.

I wouldn`t bother adding another exhaust fan, untill you`ve built the system and see what temps you`re getting. It might turn out that your system temps are fine with the supplied case fans.

Using round ide cables will also help with airflow.

Just a few suggestions.

I`m sure other members will have other ideas.

Regards Howard :)

You say there's an air duct on the side panel? Couldn'tyou attach a 90mm fan set up to intake air from there? I'm sure it would work. Of course, you'd need a drill bit, and to be very careful.

Also, as howard suggested, getting the round IDE cables to replace the clutter-tastic ribbon ones will drastically improve airflow.

Only other suggestion I would have is to upgrade from stock cooling, most aftermarket coolers are fairly cheap, especially ones for your CPU, ranging from $30 and up. Zalman is a very, very good brand to get CPU HS/F's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back