Administrator Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaquio

Hi everyone...

Is there any way to hack the Administrator Password of Windows XP?

Ive heard that there is a way but it involves using a floppy and something like that where you can delete de password and then access windows with a simple Enter hit...

any help here?

Thanks!!!

Yes, there is such a disk. I've used one quite a few times in the past and blanking passwords works like a charm. Unfortunately I don't have the floppy anymore and I couldn't remeber where I downloaded it from if my life depended on it. :mad:

There is another way of getting administrator privileges which requires only the installation CD for XP Professional and a valid serial number. It might seem destructive at first but I've tried it and it works ok. Here's what you do :

1. Boot off the CD and do a Repair (not from the recovery console)
2. Setup will copy all the dll's... then your pc will restart and start the next step of the repair (were it give's you all bunch of info about XP)
3. On the left side of your screen you'll see the progress bar. As soon as you see "Installing Devices" press Shift+F10. This will open a command prompt. :D Now you're in bussiness.
4. From the command prompt, type nusrmgr.cpl. This command will open the user profile screen were you can reset any password (including the administrators) or create new users.
5. After you're done messing around with the accounts, simply close the user profile window and the command prompt and let setup finish the install.
6. That's it, as soon as the install is done your password will be reseted and you'll have access to everything.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I googled around a bit and http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ seems to be ok. However, do keep in mind the fact that I've never tested it. ;)

You won't loose your data. In the worst case the look of you account will be switched back to XP's default look (you'll have the blue theme and the initial windwos wallpaper instead of whatever you have now) and you might need to upgrade a few things.

When you repair your installation you are simply trying to replace windows files with files from the CD. From what I have seen, the repair does not delete anything. All your programs and non-system files will remain unchanged. However, if your installation CD is old (if it doesn't already SP2 for example) you might overwrite some files with versions that are older then the ones you have now. This means that the driver for your video card, for example, will be 'rolled back' to the version that is on the XP CD. To be absolutely sure that your system is ok after you try this you should run windows update again and try to manually update all your drivers. ;) But then again, you should be running windows update and making sure you have proper drivers for everything every once in a while anyway. :p

Jaquio

have you ever heard of the linux auditor cd for data and password collections.. all you have to do is go to this site that i am so despratly trying to find right now for you and download the auditor and burn it to a cd and then boot to it.. if you don't know linux that is ok to you can download the manual for it and the code that you need to know to be able to hash the password out.. very easy and kinda fun when you get used to it.. i as an It Admin have a copy with where ever i go dude very handy.i will have that site soon in another post just give me little bit i am work.. any questions as well shoot me an email

jaquio

hey dude i found the site i can' believe i forgot it.. any way this will take you to the direct download page download this to you desktop then burn to a cd.. k boot to the cd like you would if you were doing a repair from the windows recovery window.. then follow the instructions that are on the manual it is very easy to follow just make sure your code is right.. http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Auditor_mirrors.. any questions just let me know and i can help you out with the hashes

Admin Hack ?

dude ! This may be a lame way .. but it sure works

The idea behind this is to create a new admin user when the actual admin logs onto the comp.
To do this, somehow get access to the PC (Guest account will do) and create a .bat file with contents

net user name pwd /add

name : any name
pwd : any password

and save the text as a .bat file in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder

the next time the admin logs on , your Admin account would be created and the admin woudnt notice it if u're lucky :D .. maybe a self deleting .bat will help :)

it may not work for NTFS coz the access to the folder may be restricted ...

ender said:
Yes, there is such a disk. I've used one quite a few times in the past and blanking passwords works like a charm. Unfortunately I don't have the floppy anymore and I couldn't remeber where I downloaded it from if my life depended on it. :mad:

There is another way of getting administrator privileges which requires only the installation CD for XP Professional and a valid serial number. It might seem destructive at first but I've tried it and it works ok. Here's what you do :

2. Setup will copy all the dll's... then your pc will restart and start the next step of the repair (were it give's you all bunch of info about XP)
3. On the left side of your screen you'll see the progress bar. As soon as you see "Installing Devices" press Shift+F10. This will open a command prompt. :D Now you're in bussiness.
4. From the command prompt, type nusrmgr.cpl. This command will open the user profile screen were you can reset any password (including the administrators) or create new users.
5. After you're done messing around with the accounts, simply close the user profile window and the command prompt and let setup finish the install.
6. That's it, as soon as the install is done your password will be reseted and you'll have access to everything.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I googled around a bit and http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ seems to be ok. However, do keep in mind the fact that I've never tested it. ;)
dude ! didnt you mean lusrmgr.msc ?? ;)

Similar password problems...

ender said:

Ok, so I have the same problem with the password. I had the screen saver set to require the password (same password as the user account). I had been logging in frequently throughout the day, and suddenly it stopped accepting my password.

I have XP home edition. I did the above steps and used your command prompt, the user account window opened, but a pop up stated that the account was not valid.

What now? Do I need a different prompt for XP home?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back