Advent 7038

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
On my Advent 7038 I have 2 memory slots for so-dim - 2700 with a total of 512 meg 333mghz ram (I think) but I can only see 1 when I open the plate on the base. Can any one tell me where han how to get to the second. I would like to up the memory to one gig
willie :confused:

How much ram do you currently have on your laptop? It seems that you have already opened the back of the laptop, is there a spare slot there for you to add more RAM?

By the way it might be a good idea to ring the *****s at Advent to check what RAM your Laptop supports and the maximum amount of RAM it can take also.

ps
Never buy an Advent Laptop or PC or buy from PC World!!! They are absolutly useless. A friend of mine bought a pc worth £1000 and on top of that £250 gurantee pack. Its been 9 months and they stil havent solved the problem he has wth his system!!!

Give your laptop back to them and look on the net for a better system for a cheaper price Check the folowing site out for high performance system.

www.alienware.co.uk

there are many other reputable sites on the net also.

512 meg 333mghz ram (I think) but I can only see 1 when I open the plate on the base

Advent say 1 gig

I've had it for two years cn hardly give it back

Willie

do you have ddr or ddr2 ram. Better still give those idots another call and find out what kind of ram you exactly need to get.

If you see only one slot and it's empty, the other slot must be filled with the 512MB that comes standard with your laptop.
Show us a picture, that says more than "I can't find it".

There may be one under the keyboard on the 7038, the 7039 & 7049 have 2 slots underneath. Mitac/Medion machines are somewhat different across the range sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back