Advice for cheap video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchy

My brother has got back from his gap year travels and is is off to uni in a few weeks. He wants a new computer, but has a very limited budget, and has asked me to look at some parts for him.
I've run into a tight spot. I haven't a clue which graphics card to recommend, it'll need to be in the £100 range.

I've been looking at the X1300Pro, but would he be better with a X800 GTO (it will need to be PCI-E)

Any help you guys could give me would be much apprieciated.

I'm not 100% sure either but I lean toward the X1300Pro. It is a generation ahead of the X800GTO and supports a few more advanced features such as DX9 Shader Model 3.0 support.

I'd recommend the X800GTO, because it easily outperforms the X1300PRO. The X800GTO has 12 pipelines, and the X1300PRO has 4 pipes.

Very few games use SM3.0, that's why the X800GTO is the best choice.
Highly recommended :)

Thanks for the help guys
What about a 7600 or x1600, i found a few that were around £100

I agree, the 7600GT is the best. If you can't get it, then the X800GTO is the best choice. If you can't still get it, I'd recommend the 7600GS or the X1600PRO.

The best bang-for-the-buck right now for PCI-E here in the USA are the Sapphire X1800XT's. They are about $180-$199 US, which is pretty close to your 100 UK mark, provided they aren't majorly overpriced in your region.

I'd see if you have any local mail-order places that stock the X1800XT, and provided you have a decent-enough, higher wattage power supply, this would yield amazing performance.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys, we've got it sorted.
I think my brothers going with the X800 GTO, but he has to buy it and possibly install it himself because the computer shop doesnt stock it (Nothing higher than a 6600 :blackeye:

Help Plz!!

Hi Guys&Girls !! :)
I'm Sorry may be offtopic, I want ask you to help me with this problem
where I can find manual about TSSL.
Tell me where I can download it.

Bye !!!!! %)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back