advice needed before reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm hoping i can run a few things past everyone to see if I'm on the right track to mending my laptop:

I've got a Vaio 297xp and need to use the recovery disk to get it back to how it used to be (fast and working!)

is there anything else apart from backing up mydocuments/ outlook/ internet bookmarks that I should be doing?

Any advice would be great as I'm plucking up the courage to wipe everything!

:giddy:

I don't know much about the recovery disks for Vaio notebooks, but I would hope it is safe to assume that it has ALL the drivers you are going to need...

Have you installed any other hardware for which the drivers may not be on the recovery disk? That would be the main thing you're going to want to confirm...

cheers, nearly sorted!

It came pre-installed with SP2... will the laptop automatically look for updates when windows is reinstalled or should I have a SP2 disk ready?

You should immediately look for updates whether or not your reinstallation CD has SP2. There are updates beyond SP2 that you will need. Make sure you install your Firewall (unless you are on a router, wired or wireless) before you go on-line for the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back