Advice on a good 939 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Hello guys.. i know you can help me out here

I am looking for a Socket 939 Motherboard with a PCI-express 16x board and an nForce 4 chipset. can anyone here give me some advice on which boards i should buy.. i can spend up to 130 dollers...

I was looking at the MSI k8N neo4 platinum which i think is pretty good ... any suggestions ?
like asus or albatron etc ...also i dont overclock much just a little bit ...

Thanks
Harris

na sli is pretty expensive ..... i'd rather get a 7800 GTX than have two video cards on an sli board....so am just gona stick to one for now :)

any suggestions which board i should get cause there are soooo many 939 boards... msi neo2, dfi lan party ultra, asus , abit, albatron, gigabyte, epox i dont know which one is better ... i do a lota gaming

asus a8n-sli zzfly

asus a8n-sli (regular not deluxe or premium).
at zipzoomfly for less than 130.
if you read you will see the few diffs betwe these aren't a big deal - you aren't missing out on much if you go with lower model and lower price.
you can put dual pci-express cards in this mb.

hm not bad ... but how about DFI Lan party infinity ultra 939? is that a good a choice.. cause i heard u can even make it sli

dfi is good, and the MSI neo4 series has proven itself a capable platform. but the asus a8n boards are currently the best available, and from the looks of it will continue to be the best for some time.

If you want to overclock and desire a thousand different settings to tweak yoour numbers tthen DFI is the champ, If you just want to overclock 10% or 15% and want an easy setup then go Asus.

impossible???

hi guys....

i wish you could help me out there. My PC runs in 1.6 Ghz w/c was accidentally set @default to 1.2 Ghz. It runs smoothly with a 256Mb of RAM and 64MB of video card.It runs fast. But when I turned it on Now, it runs
so slow even the a single beepsound last in a minute. Memory is still detected
at boot up although it now boots slow. CPU was set @1.2ghz @BIOS settings
but checking it @my system properties it shows 10.58Ghz!!!! I don't know what to do now. I load default settings with still 1.2 but still system prop shows 10.5. what shall I do??? please help me.....I beg.......tnx in advance. :confused: :eek:

I can't recommend ASUS. They are too finicky with memory brands and device drivers. I only owned 1 brand new ASUS board and it never did work. I have had 2 MSI boards and both were great.

Asus, like it or not, is king of the hill right now. Mobo's manufacturers all have their problem boards and defect rates, Asus included. I personally would trust Asus more than most. I rate Abit as being the only comptetitor for price+performance.

P.S. More and more of the smaller mobo companies are resorting to outsourcing actual production. Abit, for example, designs its boards and then has a 3rd party manufacture them. There have been alot of casualties in the business lately...

ahh, the outsourcing has been going on since the 1970s. still, the technology is mostly designed by american engineers over here. the asians reverse engineer just about everything we have here in the west, including cars. although the chinese ripoff cars are a joke...

the copyright laws are a joke in Asia.
I've traveled to the orient many times (mostly Korea).... movies are bootlegged right on the street before they're even in the theater here.

I would have to go MSI as well, we use them exclusively for building all our new PCs, and never have issues. As for the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum, I JUST built a PC with it, as in a day ago, and it rocks. Not a single issue, Windows setup from CD to desktop took less then 20 minutes. It's got 8 SATA plugs, dual LAN with gigabit, All kinds of USB and firewire options, 6-channel sound, digital, and the list goes on. But it took all my parts without a single hitch and I didn't have to do anything. That's why we like MSI boards.

I'm not putting down the ASUS or anybody else, except ECS, but I'll just say I rarely ever have issue with MSI, on ANY of their products for that matter.

have fun!

I have the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum in my PC I built in April 2005 and it's working fine for me. I never had any trouble with it.

i dont know much about msi neo4 but i had Two RMA's with the MSI Neo Platinum socket 754 ..... they just keep frying..
than i bought an asus K8n-e-deluxe s754 and that was a very stable board...
but i am still looking for a Good Socket 939 board... The thing is that the ASUS s939 nforce 4 SLI (not premier or deluxe) is just one 133 dollers at new egg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back