Advice on purchasing a CoreDuo motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello,

Im planning to upgrade to CoreDuo, but I want to keep my AGP graphics card (6800GT) as I wont get much selling it so I may aswell use it in the upgrade.

I have seen PCI-E and AGP8X combo motherboards, but I have yet to find one that will support a good speed DDR2 (eg 800MHZ) and that will support CoreDuo.

So to summarise, I need a PCI-E and AGP8X compatible motherboard, that will support quick DDR2 and the Intel CoreDuo.

Any help would be good regrading the CoreDuo, as im not sure which motherboards support it.

Thank you!

Alex.

gamingguy27 said:
Hello,

Im planning to upgrade to CoreDuo, but I want to keep my AGP graphics card (6800GT) as I wont get much selling it so I may aswell use it in the upgrade.

I have seen PCI-E and AGP8X combo motherboards, but I have yet to find one that will support a good speed DDR2 (eg 800MHZ) and that will support CoreDuo.

So to summarise, I need a PCI-E and AGP8X compatible motherboard, that will support quick DDR2 and the Intel CoreDuo.

Any help would be good regrading the CoreDuo, as im not sure which motherboards support it.

Thank you!

Alex.
Just to clarify, Core Duo, or Core 2 Duo? Core Duo isn't anything new to upgrade to, so I'm assuming Core 2 Duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back