Advice sought on Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until this morning I had Nero 7 lite v 7.5.1.1 installed on my PC.My son installed it for me a few weeks back in order for me to make my own back ups.

While going to burn a CD this morning I got the following warning that something had been changed in Nero and was advised to check immediately for malware. I did this and found nothing but as I did have a Trojan called KillAV on my PC recently which my AVG Antispyware detected and I deleted I thought it might have come from Nero so decided to uninstall and get a new download from here as I trust this site.

I did this and being non techie in regard to PC's then realised I have no idea what I am looking for and as my son is abroad at the moment have no-one to ask. I have looked at the downloads and there is so much Nero stuff I don't know which one would be best for me.

I have an AMD Athlone 2400+ processor with 1024MB of RAM and an LG GSA-H22N optical Drive in my PC and wondered if one of you kind chaps could tell me which version Nero download would be best for this setup.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

hi bluesjunior.
at this point in time, i would be more concerned about the worm 'killav'. nero can be fixed later. killav is a bug that attacks av programmes and switches them off.
i advise you to go THIS LOCATION and follow the instructions. after that, post the needed logs of hjt and avg.

nero programmes are all good, its just that some versions have more options in them. you could probably get a copy of nero from a friend, as they give away the basic programme free with dvd/cd reader/writers

Thanks for the quick reply Tomrca, I am pretty certain that I have got got rid of the KillAV trojan now. My AVG Anti-Virus didn't pick it up on its daily scheduled scan and I found it while doing a scan with AVG Antispyware that afternoon. It was in a file called msmsgsin.exe I did another scan immediately and found another instance of it though can't remember what now. I deleted both files and did another scan in safe mode which came up clean. Later that night when I went to bed I did a full scan with Windows Live One Care which also never found anything untoward. As both my Anti Virus and Anti Spyware are the AVG freeware versions I downloaded and installed Windows Defender as a real time backup. I also have Spyware Blaster and Comodo Firewall on my PC.

I would like to know where it came from though as I tend to use the same sites all the time and don't bother surfing around much at all. Have a feeling it came in through WMP11 as I had allowed it internet access through Comodo for updates etc. I have now blocked this option.

its obvious that you not a novice, go and visit THIS SITE it may give you some info on where and how you may have acquired it. in my experience, it's P2P. or messengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back