Advise On Career Oppurtunities in IT sector?

young&wild

hi all,

After a few stings of career talks conducted by colleges, i m wondering wether there are promising IT post available. Some people are discouraging me from gettin' into the IT sector fearing that i will not get the job. Some feel that the IT sector has saturated and blah blah...

I have always wanted to become a Technical Support Officer or dreamed of working in a major company like Electronic Arts as a programmer. Some how, i m not sure about the subjects to be taken to get things goin. I have interest on Networking(Cisco), web design, programmin'. Any clues to as where and how to start?

PS: I have never touched programmin'(except QBASIC).

In my experience, its not what you know - its who you know, and if you know anyone who works in any of the areas or for any of the companies that you want to work for then get them to do you a favour.

Otherwise its experience that talks, you can have all the qualifications in the world - but without experience you might as well whistle in the wind for a job (unless you really are THAT good). So the best bet is to get your foot in the door at a company you want to work for or in an area that you want to work. Thats what I have done, now I've got to prove myself and work up the ladder - give me a couple of years and I'll be laughing.

Hope this helps and good luck! :grinthumb

Back