Adware.Generic Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEy everyboy,
I recenty downloaded a file off of the internet, unaware that i would be realesing a slew of viruses into my computer. I got rid of the majority of them with AVG anti-spyware, but theres one left that i cant seem to shake. A file called Aware.Generic keeps showing up and every time i delete it, it pops back up. It keeps spawning popups and those fake antispyware ads, and my computer is running ridiculously slow. Can somebody PLEASE just help me get rid of this?

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of wolfmother88 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your going to need the HijackThis help, but I want to clarify some terminology for you.

Viruses, Worms and Trojans are handled by your anti-virus program. Spyware/adware is both prevented and found and fixed by spyware/adware programs.

One type program does not look for the other type of malware, nor does it prevent it, find it or fix it. Since AVG has both anti-virus AND spyware software, you need to be sure which you mean here.

You can find some discussion of AVG finding 'Adware Generic' here: http://tinyurl.com/2anvvl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back