AdwareAway scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

abanerji

After the Global Scan, AdwareAway found 1 object, viz., "IE UrlSearchHook(HKLM) : Default UrlSearchHook Missing=".

What does this mean, and how do I remove this?

My PC runs with XP-SP2, and I believe it is fully patched by MS updates.

Thanks,

Your system may be infected. The Default UrlSearchHook Missing is nasty.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of abanerji only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Dear Howard :

Thanks for your reply. However, I don't see the hyperlink in "HERE".

Please help.

Regards,

As instructed, my HJT and ewido logs are attached. The AdwareAway Scan screenshot is also attached.

My precleaning efforts are :-

a) AVG Free v 7.1.394 being used throughout. Updates are daily. Complete scan is weekly.

b) CCleaner utility used weekly.

c) Windows / IE / Office / MediaPlayer / SunJava / Adobe : Security patches and Service Packs regularly checked, downloaded, and installed.

d) Recent online scans : Trendmicro, Kaspersky, A-squared, spywareinfo.com/xscan.php

e) ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 trial version installed recently. Updates are daily.

f) DiamondCS ProcessGuard Free v 3.405 also installed recently.

g) Other steps : AdwareAway and Ad-awareSe installed and scanned. SpywareBlaster installed. Trendmicro CWShredder ran. Sysinternals' RootkitRevealer ran and no discrepancies found.
However, CWShredder pointed to CWS.Msconfig; googled on same, and read about some false positives.

Thanks,

Thank you for the diagnosis. It's a big relief to an average user like me.
Thanks for download.com warning too.

God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back