Aereo runs out of capacity in New York City, has to turn new customers away

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Aereo has run into numerous problems since launching in February of 2012 but now the company is faced with an issue that many probably didn't foresee: they've run out of capacity in New York City and can no longer accept...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/55526-aereo-runs-out-of-capacity-in-new-york-city-has-to-turn-new-customers-away.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

My understanding is that aereo is an antenna and dvr rental service that allows you to access your recordings over the Internet. It would be particularly useful in a city with a lot of skyscrapers blocking over the air tv service.

cliffordcooley

I think guest is right, that matches closer to what their home site talks about.
I don't understand how it works but it does seem to be an over the air service. The closest thing I can come up with is a DVR service for Over-The-Air broadcasting. A service that can be accessed through any Internet connection, so fiber seems to be irrelevant.

Reactions: misor

EClyde

Shawn,

Your article is a fail because you don't tell us what the company sells. Terrible.
Don't presume.