After 20-25 min or so my PC freezes. Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-Y-L-e

Hi All

Last night i experienced for the first time a really wierd problem with my pc....
After starting up my PC up i opened up ITUNES and listened to some music.
Then after about 20-25 minutes my computer physically makes a sound like it's trying to shut down, then afterwards it becomes unresponsive, and eventually just freezes....
I'm wonderiing if the problem might be the CPU fan, since i've checked the fan that's at the back of the computer and it definately seems to be spinning.....I'm not very comfortable with opening up my computer to take a look at the inside......but if it ends up saving me money then i'll do it.

Help and Suggestions needed urgently
Thanks a million

Hi tomrca

I read the topic at the location that you linked me to.
It deals with "deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system".
I think the problem that i have with my PC is more the physical aspect of it and not the actual system or software....

OK I just wrote down my PC Health Status:

Current CPU Temp- 36 C / 96 F
Current System Temp- 24 C / 75 F
Current CPU Fan Speed- 2686/2730 RPM
Current System Fan Speed 0 RPM

Hope this helps in trying to help me with my prob........

looking at the list of temps etc, the temps look pretty normal but the fan speed is zero .
as for the link i gave you earlier. you have misunderstood the information. yes it does mention formatting, but it is the option to cleaning your your pc from bugs etc. if you read on it will give you links for needed tools for cleaning up. bugs do cause similar problems
good luck with your endeavour. :knock:

compair mine, see attachment: produced by 'everesthome' http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 get this its free

Oh Ok Cool....Thank alot for the help
I'll follow those instructions.

Fan speed running at zero is a worry though....maybe that's the source of the problem...

My friend also recommends me, re-installing windows to sort out my problem....my worry here though is what if in the middle of re-installing Windows my PC just freezes again....That could put my PC in a worse predicament than that in which it already is in.....

Hi CCT
Im busy downloading Everest Free now. I'll let you know whats listed under Cooling Fans as soon as the programs downloaded.....

Hi All

I'm back......This time with even bigger problems

When I started my PC up to install Everest Free my PC gives me the message "NTLDR is missing. Please press any key to restart".
When I press any key nothing happens......So i try and boot my PC up with the Windows setup disc in.
Setup asks which drive would i like them to install windows on so i say C:/ DRIVE which Windows was previously installed on. It then gives me an error message saying that they cannot access the drive. It won't even give me the option to install Windows on my other drive.....

I'm seriously stressing like crazy over here since i've got tons of work to get through on my PC.....

Please if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated....

hi again...
an hjt log is a product from 'hijack this'.. the programme 'hijack this' is designed to scan a pc in order to show what processes are running in your pc. its objective is to make visible processes that your pc should not have, ie, worms, trojans, adware and spy-ware and so on, that need removing.

as you weren't aware what an hjt log was, it may well be best if you done a clean-up. at least it will eliminate other possibilities for your problems.

if you decide to go ahead with a clean-up start a new thread in the security and the web forum
and no it isn't a stupid question!!!!:wave:

Hello same problem my system freezes up

Hello I am having the same problems with my system and would greatly appreciate some help. after freezing i restart the system and get a blank screen with very high fan noise and i could keep switching on and off up 7 times before the fan noise goes down and see my boot up screen.

I installed speedfan for monitoring pc temps and i have the following readings:

GPU: 70c
CPU: 45c
Ambient : 37c
HD0: 37c
Core: 69c
Ambient : 0c

Fan1: 2212 RPM
Fan2:1549 RPM

I also have a HJT log if that would be of any help in the diagnosis.

Thanks in advance and if i have posted on the wrong thread my apologies, i'm open to advice as to where i should post this.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back