After scanning my PC for viruses/malware I got 11 threats can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I connected my home PC to the internet again after about two years off. I decided to start by doing a scan with one of the free scan software (StopSign) which came up with a list of threats. Is there anything I can do manually or do I need to download (and pay) for a software?
Here is the report I got. Any help greatly appreciated!

BackDoor.DMoon: Virus
c:\windows\system32\navupdts.exe is infected

Trojan.DownLoader.57344: Virus
c:\bi.exe:data002 is infected

Trojan.MulDrop.3245: Virus
c:\windows\system32\freeze.dll is infected

Win32.HLLW.MyBot.based: Virus
c:\windows\system32\userinit32.exe is Infected

AvenueA Cookie: Spyware Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@atdmt[1].txt is Infected

Intercort Systems DownloadWare Application: Spyware Program
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\App Management\ARPCache\DownloadWare is Infected

Intermix Media Wotch Application: Spyware Program
HKCR\ebk is Infected
HKCR\digitaldm is Infected
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ebk is infected
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MIcrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\mini-player is infected

My Way SearchBar Application: Spyware Program
C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin is Infected
C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin\MYSEARCHPLUGINPROXY.CLASS is Infected
C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin\NPMYSRCH.DLL is infected
C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin\S42NS.EXE is Infected
C:\Program Files\MySearch\bar\1.bin\S4BAR.DLL is Infected

Sirsearch PowerSearch Toolbar Application: Spyware Program
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\SirSearch is Infected
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform:powerSearch
2.07 is Infected

Tracking.Cookie: Spyware Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@2o7[2].txt is Infected
C:\Documents and Settings\ Owner\Cookies\owner@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt is Infected

Trojan.PWS.Tanspy Application: Spyware Program
C:\WINDOWS\System32.xvid.dll is infected

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of aggiegeorg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You are badly infested and I know you'll be getting excellent help using HijackThis.

But I want to point something out. From your description, you connected to the internet with no current security. For the record, all or most of what you find could have accessed your system almost instantly. You need to get some protection on your machine so that when you do get clean, you have a chance of staying clean!

If you get the malware removed and go back and do the same thing, it's a waste of someone's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back