Ageia PhysX Worth it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Is the Ageia PhysX PCI card really worth $300. Is it even worth it at all. What do you guys think??

IMO it's not worth it. I think in the next few years, physic PU's will either be part of the video card GPU or at least on the same card. Until it becomes main stream the game support will be pretty low.

Not at all unless the game is threaded for it and there is only 2-3 games designed for it. In games that where not made for it people saw performance decrese on the strongest of machines. I say put that extra $$$$ into the graphic card.

Yeah, I didn't think it is worth it either. I read some people actually experienced problems with this PPU. The only games that support it are Cellfactor, I played the demo and it ran Average of 35FPS. IMO it was terrible, the HDR was overexposed and everything was a mess when you turn cloth and fluid effects on. Just for my knowledge, does the Ageia PPU actually process those cloth and fluid effects? Or is that how the demo is made to make you buy their product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back