AGP Disabled in Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy05

Tried searching the forums, but can't find any that's identical to my problem...

Ok I have a big problem - My AGP seems to be DISABLED on my PC, and my warcraft 3 lag like never before.

OS is Windows XP SP 1a (Clean install)
Drivers are Detonator 52.16 and VIA Miniport Drivers

Looked through my BIOS, and I'm sure I got AGP 4X, VIA V8Link and 128mb Aperture Size enabled.

Oh ya, I format my PC due to BSODs with the message IRQL_NOT_FOUND or something like that, it's probably an overheat problem. It could mean that the card is burned, but I doubt my card's fried yet - the problem's with the OS/Drivers.

Attached is an image of my wCPUid stat...

Please help in enabling my AGP bus... can't find the solution on any webs... thanks (and before the problem's solve I can't play my wc3 properly!!!)

Edit: --> DirectX9.0b

Attachments

• gfxstat.jpg
    gfxstat.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 10
doesn't work

The status of the AGP is still disabled even after i switched to 45.23 drivers. Moreover, in warcraft 3, the graphics for one race (random for each game) is very laggy, while the other 3 are ok (very, very strange thing)

I'm now back to the 52.16 drivers... and searching the net for solutions.. please help too, eh? ;)

solved...

finally... the reason is that i installed the miniport driver, which does not include the chipset and agp drivers. after i uninstalled the miniport drivers, den install the hyperion drivers, my agp worked again. thank you for your help, nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back