AGP VXD driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

I have got a locking up problem with the agp vxd driver that came with my ECS K7AMA board but it only seems to happen when being pushed for instance if i run 3D Mark 2001 it manages all
the tests in low quality but in high quality it locks up but even then not straight away the dragon test is the best example.

If someone could throw some light on the matter i would be
obliged.

Some system pointers AMD 1200 (266),512 DDR ram, Siluro MX400, PSU300.

PS Sorry if the message is not up to the usual standard for you younger ones.

I would highly recommend it trying some newer drivers for your card. The ones that came with it are probably old. You can go here at www.guru3d.com and get the newest Nvidia drivers with a fixed refresh rate.

Then again you could have a Via 4-in-1 issue. Just out of coutiousity what Via drivers set are you using??? The newest set is the 4.38 which can be found here at www.viahardware.com

Try this little upgrades and see if it helps you any. :)

Hope this helps!!!

Hi

This issue seems to stem directly from the vxd driver rather than from my card drivers because when i uninstall the driver i no longer get the problem.

I am going to show my lack of knowledge now and say how would i know if the driver is a via my chipset is an Ali M1645.

Thanks

Thanks for the pointer however i went to the site yesterday hoping to get an update but the driver AGP173E is the same
one as i've got as they have not updated this driver could it point to something else? but it seems a bit strange that as soon as i uninstall it the problem dissappears thats why i was really hoping that somebody else may have had the same problem and had found the answer.

Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back