Ahhhhh finally it happened:HL2 LEAKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes. Yes Lord. Thank you lord. Please be true. *drools*

Oh man, if your joking with me I'm gonna get so much vengeance on you ;-) Ooo and only a month or so left before HL2 officialy release. Life is good!

I will never understand some people's desire to play an unfinished version of a groundbreaking, revolutionary game. To me it seems like it would just spoil it, big time. Like you're sacrificing a big part of the game to play it sooner.

I hope that you've actually downloaded this leaked copy and played it. Otherwise you shouldn't be teasing us.

apparently

it was leaked.....i've already tried to get it, but no luck as of yet............it looks like valve put the clamps on it.....as i have already mentioned, they have begun demoing it in europe

I've seen a lot of rumors about a delay, but they are all just rumors until I hear of word directly from Valve.

i'm downloading it as we speak, acid

as suggested .......on overnet......boy, it's like watchin' grass grow..........anyway, forget the rumore, the demo is out and being shown by valve, as previously stated, in europe

Nevertheless, in the event that it does happen, I'll be upset. I've never been so excited about a game before. As picky as I am about games, I dont really play many but the ones that I do like I play a lot of them. For example Battlefield 1942, and up until months ago I was playing a lot of Half Life (Day of Defeat) for over a year.

Re: i'm downloading it as we speak, acid

Originally posted by JSR
as suggested .......on overnet......boy, it's like watchin' grass grow..........anyway, forget the rumore, the demo is out and being shown by valve, as previously stated, in europe

Oh yea, so am I :D

hey, did you see

the new bf 1942 demos i posted?.........if not, check them out in the gaming forum...........

You mean Secret Weapons? Yea I've been waiting on that to come out for a really long time. I checked Walmart the other day but they didnt have it. I will have to drop by Best Buy to see if they do. It IS out already right?

Hey, you guys that are downloading this, let us know if it's for real and worth downloading. I'm reading a post at ShareReactor's forum, that says these files are fake. From what I gather they are 700 or 900 MB's? For that matter, where are you downloading from, what link. All the links I tried, even thought I can't read them, (German?), are broken.

acid

the demo is out as a standalone, no purchase necessary............this overnet thing is slowwwww, i'm at 335 meg so far, will report it's worth, ole' one............

don't give links in this thread, if you want to do that do it via PM we can't allow stuff like that here.

heres a claimed to be hl2 alpha shot

im not confiming it but at least it gives us a clue

pachinkoroom.jpg

That's not a alpha shot, that is straight from the E3 videos. I am beginning to think it indeed has not been leaked, not that I believe it in the first place but I was hoping. Although I'm sure the version of the game they used at E3 was probably an Alpha version.

sure something has leaked

from what i gathered around the net it seems that this 700 Mb hl2 file is the HL2 TECH DEMO ITSELF valve showed us at e3 and its meant to show us the phisiques of the game(not the vdo capture from the tech demo)

((so this file is more likely to be that working tech demo itself))

i wish smone has finished the DL to give us some more info on that,personally my DL job hasnt finished yet.

that is the pic cliamed to be from the 700 Mb hl2 file.

it took me two days

and i screwed it up by changing file extensions, so i'm back at it.................would someone research wtf you once you get it............there are just a block of files..........no install icon, etc..........find out if it has to go into half lifes folders or what, thx.....maybe i was supposed to burn it to disk?

JSR i just got an idea

maybe u should try to run that with HL1 engine!!!

who knows maybe itll work

by the way why did u change the file extension?

I forgot to uncheck that stupid box and wham everythings winzip

i thought maybe it would need to extract for some stupid reason.............it does open with the old game files .........but, it just plays HL......still have the zip extensions though if you have any ideas

try this JSR:
Place the map, "hl2_techdemo.bsp" in your half-life/valve/maps directory.

it should work.

Originally posted by Vehementi
I will never understand some people's desire to play an unfinished version of a groundbreaking, revolutionary game. To me it seems like it would just spoil it, big time. Like you're sacrificing a big part of the game to play it sooner.

I completely agree.

I can understand wanting to partake in a beta test, but going all out just to get some leaked, unfinished copy to play something which may be broke all to hell and missing tons of important fixes...

Dunno... seems stupid to me. I would rather wait until a final copy is available, so I know I am getting what the programmers intended.

hey, it's a sneak preview

i played the doom 3 alpha leak, and it rocked..........i know what's happenin'............it's just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back