AIM & aolsoftware.exe Freezing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhilliard_14

So about a few weeks, AIM 6.5[?] came out, and I upgraded from my standard 6.0 AIM version. Yes yes, the troubles that come with AOL, I'm slightly aware of, however the AIM programs is necessary for me to function as a normal high school student who greatly uses the internet, and AIM to commmunicate regarding homework and what not.

but to cut right to the chase, ever so recently, I've been having problems with "aolsoftware.exe" running at 50% CPU, and sometimes, even peaking out at about 80% CPU.

So, I guess the real reason why im asking is because I want to know what to do to fix this issue. I really don't know what is causing it to do this. It results in me CTRL + ALT + DEL and "ending tree" on aolsoftware.exe which only causes more problems, and makes Windows XP hang even more. Sometimes it resolves the issue for this session, but still reoccurs on next reboot.

[Also makes me have to improperly shut down my laptop... ]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your laptop is probably infected with viruses, spyware and various other malware... I have never known a high school or college student's computer to ever be free of such nasties

Tmagic650 said:
Your laptop is probably infected with viruses, spyware and various other malware... I have never known a high school or college student's computer to ever be free of such nasties

have any advice for me, in fixing my laptop? lol. i've been through it once, and had to clean my system, but umm.. after re-downloading AIM 6.5 it seems as though I had the same issue. >:[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back