Airflow help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the build on my new macine last night. Not finished yet though sleep and work got in the way. First time I've done a build with new componenets.

Spec:
AMD Athlon XP 2000
Abit KX7 333
Zalman Copper Flower CPU cooler
Virgo Tsunami Case

and the rest

My question is at the moment the only fans are the one blowing onto the zalman flower and the power suplly fan.

I haven't powered on yet still got some connections to do so I haven't fried anything.

Should I get a case fan?

If so will I be OK to just install my software/drivers and get the case fan for working day to day.

Thanks all

Fans are cheap insurance, IMO. I'd put an intake fan on the bottom front & an exhaust fan at the rear top > if you can. A 92mm in front & a 80mm in back should cover it if the PSU has an intake & exhaust fan > the PSU intake will draw case air too. ;)

Sounds like a nice system & I hope it serves you well. I'm sure it will. :grinthumb

A case fan is an absolute MUST for any decent Athlon system. If your room temperature ever gets too warm, then BAM. Your CPU will definitely overheat no matter how good your heatsink/fan is.

Your CPU heatsink and fan are only as good as the temperature of the air in your case... Cooler case temperatures means a huge deal in keeping things cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back