AIW 9800Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I hope to become a regular member tho. I'm pretty much a hopeless computer geek.

My main system is a P4 3.0 on a Asus P4P800 Mobo. It has 1 gig of CL2 PC3200 DDR433 sdram. It has a 250 G SATA Hitachi/Ibm HD, obviously the 9800AIW Pro in the title above. I'm still going thru and checking out most of the functions since this is a new system.
What I'm wondering is... I have my cable connection plugged right into the vid card. It seems to work ok, with the exception of a few channels. Specifically History Channel and Discovery Channel among a few others. When I click on the channel specifics, it calls for a code or password. Anyone know what this is about, and how I get the code?

The parental control seems to be activated, but I never set it up. I noticed it seems to be on when I have the tv mode on, but it isn't when I play a DVD. Any ideas on how to get into it or change the settings? The vid card is oem, and I never received full docs or software with it. I did receive the remote tho.

When you first set up the TV viewer, upon first running it, you were probably asked to enter a password and to confirm that password. That is the Parental control password

Hmm I uninstalled all the software and reinstalled and set it up again. Still the same thing. There is no setup of parental controls either. Anyone have any ideas what to do or check next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back