Albatron GF4 Ti4200 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

schacker99

To sum up a really long drawn out process...my Sapphire Radeon 9500 card didn't work on my computer...I tried a number of things swapped it with a friend and ran his GF2 card on my computer...it ran fine.

However, my friend wasn't able to get my card to work on his computer so thinking it was a problem with the card that I bought, I scrapped the idea of the ATI card and went with an Nvidia one. I bought the Albatron card listed above and installed it into my computer last night. It recognized it right away but I installed the most recent drivers for it.

I started playing a demo game it came with and it froze up and sent an error message. I thought maybe it was the game so I tried one that the GF2 worked with...which was Rise of Nations. Many times it restarted my computer.

Is there any updates for my motherboard (which is the an ABIT BH7) that I should have. Compatibility issues? I just dont' understand why 64MB cards run and 128MB cards don't.

I understand that there are some things I can alter in the bios to make my card run at 2x or 4x AGP instead of 8x....but if I do this, will performance of my card drop off dramatically and then what would be the advantages of having such a card. Wouldn't it be better than to get a cheaper 64 MB card?

Please offer suggestions, since I am running on very thin ice right now.

Yes I did. I used a program called driver cleaner and cleared out all of the old ATI drivers. The problem still occured. I had my friend take a look at it last night and we may have ruled it a memory issue. I took his memory stick and my computer worked fine. However, why would it run on a 64 MB card fine and not a 128MB card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back