Alienware Area-51 m555

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

http://www.alienware.com/product_de...Code=PC-LT-AREA51M5550-R3&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Yea u just need to know is this worth it? All i am trying to do is play Some World of Warcraft and you know a few other games. Nothing too Graphic ( example: Battle Field, Fear, Bioshock, ect..) You know games like WoW, CounterStrike, Mabey Warhammer when it comes out. Im ganna be doing digital art on this thing using Adobe photoshop and Corel paint software. As u can see im on a budget so would this be good?

It looks decent, however keep in mind it is very hard to modify laptops, and if you were to be doing graphic work, I would recomend a desktop just so you could do modifications as needed, such as better graphics cards... Of course, I am in the same boat, I do graphics, and am looking to replace my laptop (my stuff has to go back and forth from work to home) and that looks like one I would consider

*However, I just went in to add all the pieces and upgrades I would need and it doubled the price, plus some... keep in mind if you are on a budget*

I am in the market for a new laptop myself and this is one i am looking at. Alienware has a reputation for makeing very strong graphics capable computers. A few things to consider, if you go with the vista option, make sure you get plenty of RAM, its a hog. Also check that the software you want to run is compatible. Luckily they have XP as an option, unfortunately it cost more. Also, if you think your not gonna buy another laptop for 5yrs go ahead and spring for the better video card, youll be glad you did when the new games/graphics programs come out.

Buy a desktop with the money and get a more than decent computer which will allow you to do just about anything you'd want, and cart a large flash drive around to bring files home from school or work. Laptops should not be bought for gaming, they are a convenience and business presentation tool and little else.

But a nice powerful one sure does make for a large e-penis!

Cinders said:
Laptops should not be bought for gaming, they are a convenience and business presentation tool and little else.

That is a naive thought. Laptops can be great for gaming, yes i can not put in a new $700 video card every other month, yes, its ridiculous to get memory or hard drive upgrades, but hey, i can play my game anywhere i please. Airport, bus, car, while killing an hour between classes, coffee breaks, take your pick.

If i use a desktop then the best i can do it cart around my save file.

There is absolutely no reason why a casual gamer would be at a disadvantage from buying this alienware. ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back