AlienWare PCs (Help)

Right; I'm hoping to be purchasing an alienware PC (in a month or two) and Id like to know
if any of you guys own one? If so what do you think.

also could any one tell me what you think about the NEW cases. thanks:grinthumb

"The Exorcist 2003": In this modern re-telling of a horror classic, a woman enlists the aide of Satan in getting a Catholic Priest out of her son.

I really like the new cases. However, I build my own PCs so I wouldn't buy one myself. For a ready built PC they seem to be one of the best, and are not cheap, but as always you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by Rick
I'll build you the same thing for half of the price. ;)

Rick's exactly right...You could just go make your own, same hardware,etc, for much less ;)

But you wouldn't get the warranty, financing, tech support, and reliability of Alienware. Not to mention the cool cases and bragging rights. I really like the new ones - especially the cable management system in the back.

I believe Alienware make very nice systems. You do get what you pay for.

And I doubt anyone could afford to make a 3.2GHz P4, 1GB DDR400, 120GB SATA HDD, GF FX 5900 Ultra 256MB and a $170 case system for for $1,200 (half as much as Alienware's Area-51).

Though now, I have been playing around at alienware just for fun and Alienware has lowered their prices very much. It would be a good choice if you want the warranty, financing, tech support, and reliability from them.

You may want to consider having someone here make your PC, or even make one yourself. Making a computer isn't that hard, anyone could do it by reading all the manuals and staying away from OEM stuff.

Warrently, all that blah blah blah, can go out the window...

Not to mention, I bought my stuff OEM, broke my CDRW installing it (dont ask), just went to Samgsung, and they got me a new one, for free :D I just said it came new, broken. I think I busted a gear bit or something :blackeye:

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Warrently, all that blah blah blah, can go out the window...

Not to mention, I bought my stuff OEM, broke my CDRW installing it (dont ask), just went to Samgsung, and they got me a new one, for free :D I just said it came new, broken. I think I busted a gear bit or something :blackeye:

No, it really can't. It's very important when considering a manufacturer to choose from. Since you're thinking of ordering from a manufacturer, I presume you don't have the knowledge and expertise to build your own. Even if you don't buy OEM, the combined cost of all the components will still be close to the manufacturer's price, without all the stuff a manufacturer can provide. Individual manufacturers all have their own warranty policy, and it is much easier to consult one manufacturer if something's wrong, or one of 15. What are the odds that you will have to claim a warranty? Slim, but I would prefer to be safe rather than sorry.
There are pros and cons of either side - build your own or manufacturer. But if you don't have the knowledge to build your own, what the optimal components are, and where to order your components from, I would highly reccomend a manufacturer.
Alienware's expertise in building machines is legendary. They always have the best stuff, and they don't cut corners. Their machines are all customly optimized, they provide optimal cooling systems, and they have 24/7 tech support and great warranty coverage. You just can't beat them when buying a cutting edge machine.
I myself would buy an Alienware, if given a choice of manufacturers, but I don't have the money - since I don't even have a job. I'm content to periodically upgrade my current machine.

Samsung happens to be a good brand for that kind of thing, agissi - but if you screw up a brand new OEM 3.2G P4 installing the heatsink or something, you're down another $500.

I've built my own PC in the past, but I've always fancied owning an alienware rig.
But there's only one problem; Dragon ATX case, or the NEW model.....

v3_prd_configurator_space_black.jpg

v3_drgn_configurator_space_black.jpg

"The Exorcist 2003": In this modern re-telling of a horror classic, a woman enlists the aide of Satan in getting a Catholic Priest out of her son.

Only downside, a part from price, of buying OEM is that you won't be able to open it up to upgrade it, otherwise you void the warranty. That new Alienware case looks fantastic. Not sure I'd have it in black though.

Dude, it's preference. I'd go with the new nicer looking case because too many people have Dragons....

Also, exactly what I mean agissi, read what Vehementi posted.

Back