Alienware won't load past XP load screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok put a new MOBO in my area 51 m7700 to fix a not booting problem the occured from a suspecting power surge while i as deployed overseas...problem was fixed...some what. now it POST and everything but when it get to the XP load screen with the blue bar that bounces back and forth it shuts down. i try to re boot it gives the normal xp not shut down normal and the normal 6 choices i try to boot in any option(even safe mode) it repeats the problem. swapped HD, MEM, CMOS bat. when using the respawn kit(norton ghost of HD at date of shipment of CPU) i got with the cpu it will reload xp but doesn't fix the problem if i try and load a fresh copy of xp it won't even get pas tthe first portaion or the install before it shuts down.

cpu specs

pro intel p4 3.0
1024 ram
gforcego 6800 256 graphis
dual hd i 60g and i 80g non raid(prolem even exsist in RAID 1 or 0)

i am suspecting a corrupt file load somewhere in the thread but the guy fixing it suspects hardware. Help please this problemhas got me a witts end

Pay more attention to your typing...

Your going to have to strip down the system to bare minimum hardware. Set the bios to failsafe defaults, use on-board video if you have it. Remove any USB devices and any add-in PCI cards like a NIC, sound card and use only 1 stick of RAM for the Windows fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back