All games freeze within 30 mins of playing them

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that everyone of the games I attempt to play freeze every single time I try to play them. They are just random lock-ups and the screen becomes a picture frame. I'm running XP Pro Service pack 2 I have an AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1.2 GHz 256 Mb of Ram NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) Maxtor 20 GB hard drive I tryed formatting my hard drive and reinstalling XP but all to no avail. My drivers are up to date. I even tryed rolling back my drivers to see if that would work. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

I took a look at the event viewer a few times after my computer froze and it seems to be the same thing that goes wrong. The source is acpi and it says it is trying to read and write from an illegal IO port address

That ACPI error means that your BIOS is trying to do something, and windows is blocking it. A sign of an out of date bios.

Update it and see if that doesn't fix you up.

I'm not sure how to update it. I went to the device manager and tried to update it through there and it couldn't find a driver on the net. Is there a way to disable ACPI or possibly find another program that does the same thing?

you can download the latest bios update from your motherboard makers web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back