All games lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_hanky

Hello im new to this forum so hi. Anyway I lag in games like 1.6 (low powered). This has been happening for a month now and i know that my conection is fine (cable, also single player games lag). Like I said again ALL GAMES, im not talking about games like cod2 im talking about freakin cs 1.6. I will post specs shortly.

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.40GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
It's not old its just not made for playing cod2 spec like games (plz dont flame me saying my comp sucks I know that). http://www.xfire.com/profile/ these are the games I'm running (nvm red orachestra). These games used to run really well before now it lags really bad. TY for ur time

Whats malware? How do I know I have it? I doubt I have a virus cause my computer runs fast. I have 47 processes when I click crt-alt-delet. PLZ HELP ME I CAN'T PLAY GAMES!!!!

That guide didn't help, but ty.

Can u explain to me how to check temp/heat. I have a laptop.

A celeron is not a powerful CPU - especially for gaming
you have integrated graphics
your ram is also not much.

Basically you have a non gaming compter - what did you expect?

Whats malware? How do I know I have it?
Malware.. otherwise known as Malicious Software or sometimes called "warez", it means the likes of virus, trojans, spyware, adware, greyware, etc etc.

If you read all the way down to the bottom of the guide, there is a link to follow and instructions to make sure you're 100% free of them. Regardless if your PC is fast or not. Try it, you'd never know..

Can u explain to me how to check temp/heat.
Download and install Everest home as linked in my guide at the very top. Go to Computer >Sensor on the navigation panel. There it will tell you the estimated temperature readings.

Tedster is quite correct, your laptop isn't created for gaming, but still, at least CS 1.6 should be able to play ok (not like you're ever going to get cs source at max settings or anything). You'd need a decent but more pricier laptop for a decent gaming experience.

If things started to go downhill from a month ago, can you remember if you've installed anything, or changed any system environment (hardware/software)?

If you want to even run newer games you definitely going to need a graphics card. no questions asked. Your processor is also rather slow and you could use a RAM upgrade.

p.s. 512MB RAM not 502MB...

aman501 said:
If you want to even run newer games you definitely going to need a graphics card. no questions asked. Your processor is also rather slow and you could use a RAM upgrade.

p.s. 512MB RAM not 502MB...

Yes mr_hanky,
your only real option is to get a good video card. Hopefully you have an AGP port on your motherboard...

Tmagic650 said:
Yes mr_hanky,
your only real option is to get a good video card. Hopefully you have an AGP port on your motherboard...
Intergrated grafics suck!!!! I need 2 upgrade ram 2 play cs 1.6? wtf? I just found out I have 512mb but 10 of them are reserved.

Lol guys, he's using a laptop. You can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. And that Celeron M CPU isn't too slow. It has a 1MB L2 cache, that should help.

wolfram said:
Lol guys, he's using a laptop. You can't upgrade the graphics card on a laptop. And that Celeron M CPU isn't too slow. It has a 1MB L2 cache, that should help.
Yeah only comps like alein ware. My comp should be able to run cs 1.6 come on. I DON'T CARE ABOUT COD2 AND GAMES WITH THOSE SPECS. I'm talking about games low powered like cs 1.6. (sorry about caps)

no worry, how hard you try it, it's still the same.
You can;t change your CPU, can;t change your VGA card too

This is not a joke but, i play playstation 1 in my desktop (#1)
and the games is laggy too, though the specs is nearly doubled my laptop (#2) except VGA thingy. (playstation 1 is only 320x240 pix basically, much lower than CS of course). But when i play it in my laptop, no problem at all.

Suggestion is tweak your system till at least could get some improvement. or upgrade whole laptop...

Make sure your hard drive is in DMA mode not PIO. Update your integrated graphics drivers, defrag your hard drive, disable unnecessary services, close unnecessary programs, run the game at lower settings.

If you can't run them properly after that, you'll need to do a clean install of Windows. If you can't run them properly after that, everyone was right all along and your system can't handle the games.

Whats DMA mode? Whats PIO mode? How do I make sure it's in DMA? Plz tell me i'm slowly learning about computer and all that stuff. How do I install windows? link? Plz man give me details.

wolfram said:

Geeze,
I'm always getting caught like that!

"Intergrated grafics suck!!!! I need 2 upgrade ram 2 play cs 1.6? wtf? I just found out I have 512mb but 10 of them are reserved."

mr_hanky,
The 10MB of reserved memory is used for your "sucky" integrated graphics

I love Google SNGX1275, and I love Newegg too. I use Copy and Paste to a Google search window right here in my browser. It works very well. We do tend to explain things over and over again don't we...

Like finding DMA settings in XP:

Start, Control Panel, SYSTEM, HARDWARE, Device Manager, and double click on ATA/ATAPI controllers, Primary IDE Channel, Advanced Settings

You said it was running ok a month ago. Someone else mentioned overheating as a possibility. Can you open your laptop to blow out any dust?

mr_hanky said:
I have 47 processes when I click crt-alt-delet.
47 processes is definitely a bit much so I think you could claw back some performance by disabling a few you don't need or setting them to manual by running services.msc from the run command on your start menu. There's not much you can do about the graphics but you could try increasing the video memory from your BIOS if that's possible, 10mb seems unusually low even for "sucky" integrated graphics.You will probably still want to upgrade your rig though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back