All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

erickdj

The fan on my AIW 9800 is starting to make a really loud noise, I know it's about to die one of these days. The card is still under warranty, but it's the only card I have so I can't just send it to ATI and wait for more than 2 weeks to get it back. I need to find a decent aftermarket cooling solution for the card. Most of the cooling fans/heatsinks or heat pipes I have seen won't fit the card because of the TV tuner getting on the way of the heatsink. Does anyone know of a decent cooling solution that will fit an All-In-Wonder card?

I solved my 9800SE All-in-Wonder noise problem simply by changing only the fan. I didn't touch the heatsink itself. To be more precise I didn't even remove the old fan, I just unplugged it and installed a new one on top of it (the fan was small, inside the heatsink). I haven't noticed any heat problems and noises are gone now :)

Mictlantecuhtli, What kind of fan did you use? I've been looking at some of the vga fans out there, but they all seem to be "Blocked" on the bottom. the fans I saw were intended to be mounted directly on the VPU, the fans came built with a heatsink so no air passes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back