All proud AMD XP user pls come in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrychieng

Hi i have MSI KT266 Pro RU and XP1600, just want to know did u guys unlock it? Mine is unlock and i can run XP1900 at default voltage! Haven't tried to the max yet!

Pls let me know what mtb u use and what temp and hsf u have?
Coz newbie so want to learn fr u guys!

Oh my temp idel is about 42/43 in no aircon room
Full Load - dunno what software to use, may be someone can show me the link, so i can get it!

Cheers!

You could try the seti@home software on high priority. It's a program that does a lot of advanced scientific calculations.. It really stresses a CPU. You'll also be helping the SETI people fine extraterrestrial life. :)

My old setup was an ASUS A7V266 w/ an XP1900+.
Had this cheap-o Vantec heatsink that came with my combo.
I once clocked it up to 3048 MHz. If you want a screenshot of dxdiag I can post it later.
Of course, I didn't leave it on that high. It was running at 59C idle. :dead:
I regularly left it on 1800 something. ran at 49C idle.
What's the exact clock speed? just 133x12? Try boosting thr SB.
That's a pretty good temp you're running. What kind of case cooling and HSF do you have goin?

:wave: Welcome to 3DSpotlight! :wave:
Hope you stick around.

Originally posted by Rick
You could try the seti@home software on high priority. It's a program that does a lot of advanced scientific calculations.. It really stresses a CPU. You'll also be helping the SETI people fine extraterrestrial life. :)

But what's that? Anyway, it's looks good coz the cpu is running at 100%! Thanks man! Btw, how long do i have to let it run? Cheers!

If i do find alien, then may be i will call X file Scully and Mulder! :D

Btw, anyone got any other profg for recommendation to stress 100% of ur cpu?

Does 3dmark2001 does the job?

Originally posted by Vehementi
My old setup was an ASUS A7V266 w/ an XP1900+.
Had this cheap-o Vantec heatsink that came with my combo.
I once clocked it up to 3048 MHz. If you want a screenshot of dxdiag I can post it later.
Of course, I didn't leave it on that high. It was running at 59C idle. :dead:
I regularly left it on 1800 something. ran at 49C idle.
What's the exact clock speed? just 133x12? Try boosting thr SB.
That's a pretty good temp you're running. What kind of case cooling and HSF do you have goin?

:wave: Welcome to 3DSpotlight! :wave:
Hope you stick around.

3048 MHz :eek: :eek: :eek: Is it 2048 typo error?

I use a lousy casing but they have 2 exhaust fan for me to put at the back so i couple it with a lousy 80mm fans and my psu also have dual fans so altogether is 2 fans plus the cpu fans! Currently using HHC-001 hsf by cooler master!

Choose not to use the screamer fan 7k rpm! Change it to a low profile fan of 4500 rpm, really a peace of mind but the temp went out like 3 degree! but what the heck still more than acceptable, rite!

Btw, Asus mtb tends to report a higher temp as i heard! Around 7 degree higher if i can recall clearly so basically ur temp is still alrite!

SiSoft Sandra is a great CPU benchmarking program, it stresses the CPU while it benchmarks. It's also good for rating your CPU.
Don't do it often. It's very bad for your CPU.

SiSoft Sandra is a great CPU benchmarking program, it stresses the CPU while it benchmarks. It's also good for rating your CPU.
Don't do it often. It's very bad for your CPU.

Oic! Will take note of the sissoft sandra!

Wow the seti that rick recommend is really something man! It's really stress my cpu to 100% all the time as show in my task manager! Temp shoot up 3 degree! :eek:

Currently my idle is 37 in aircon but it's shoot up to 40 after running about 10mins + of seti man! WOW!

I play Counter stirke for hrs, only show 38/39 degree so far! Seti is good man! Guys anymore of this CPU torture prog to test for my stability? I heard of prime 95 but dunno where to download, may be i will try that! Cheers!

No typo :D My SB was at 254 :eek:
I had the infamous 60MM Delta 50.15 CFM fan in there. It's usually one of my case fans but for the occasion I switched them around. Had an 80mm - 60mm adapter.
I had the case shell off too...

No typo :D My SB was at 254 :eek:
I had the infamous 60MM Delta 50.15 CFM fan in there. It's usually one of my case fans but for the occasion I switched them around. Had an 80mm - 60mm adapter.
I had the case shell off too...

Ok, btw, what is SB? 254 for FSB?

Originally posted by Rick

Allready processed 293 work units & counting. Maybe we should set up a 3Dspotlight team.

SB is your system bus. This times the multiplier is your core CPU speed. The normal FSB for Athlon XP's is 133. What DDR does is double this, making it truly 266. Instead of 133 I had it up to 254.

You talkin about Rick's SETI prog, Didou?

SiSoft Sandra... ...Don't do it often. It's very bad for your CPU.
How is it bad if your cooling doesn't let it rise above idling. Example my processor idles at a hot 49-52C depending on room temp. But I've never seen it above 56C even under full load for extended periods of time.

Well, it's just generally not reccomended to stress your CPU alot. I mean it's just not practical

If your playing in the 55-60c range everything is fine. Once over 60c you need to keep an eye on things.

Sandra is one of the best utilities available for CPU testing. My system idles around 40c and heads up to 46c at full load. I cant complain. The day I got my OEM T-Bird, I ran Sisoft on it for over 2 hours and now the chip is an overclocking champ.

Well, it's just generally not reccomended to stress your CPU alot. I mean it's just not practical
Right, its not like I sit here and run sandra non stop on huge loops for processor burn in. That would be impractical.

www.3dspotlight.com

Originally posted by henrychieng
XP1600, just want to know did u guys unlock it?
Overclocking the Athlon XP Processor
Posted on November 16, 2001 by Per Hansson
This article will in detail explain how to overclock the new AMD Athlon XP CPU with the organic packaging (XP, supposedly from eXtreme Performance).
http://www.3dspotlight.com/articles/athlonxp_overclocking/index.shtml

:wave:Newcomer Welcome & Hello:wave: http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=55#post55
Please read the 3Ds homepage www.3dspotlight.com & visit our sponsors
Feel free to quote the articles, guides, reviews & links.

You talkin about Rick's SETI prog, Didou?

Yeah I was talking about the SETI prog. Look at my stats -> SETI@Home User : -=( Didou01 )=-

The 9.30 hours average was mostly calculated on my Duron 800@950 setup. I generally take between 3 to 4 hours for Work Units now ( Athlon XP 1700+ ).

That's straight from Didou's profile. Hehe. You working to lower this number some?

Didn't know I was so high in the rankings ;)

Hi! Sandra is hardly an adequate program if what you want is to stress the CPU. I suggest CPUBurn or SETI. Newer 3d-intensive games (from Quake3 to Wolfenstein or Serious Sam) would also be indicative of how high your CPU temp might get. Also note that bios versions tend to count in terms of temperature - some bioses result in higher temps. Try to monitor you temperature with a reliable software, such as Motherboard Monitor.

On my AOpen AK77Plus I get about 48C idle and 54C stressed; with the same CPU (XP1500+) and cooler (Thermaltake Dragon Orb 3 copper insert) on an ECS K7S5A I got about 52C and 58C respectively, depending on bios version (+/- 2C).

Originally posted by land
Hi! Sandra is hardly an adequate program if what you want is to stress the CPU. I suggest CPUBurn or SETI. Newer 3d-intensive games (from Quake3 to Wolfenstein or Serious Sam) would also be indicative of how high your CPU temp might get. Also note that bios versions tend to count in terms of temperature - some bioses result in higher temps. Try to monitor you temperature with a reliable software, such as Motherboard Monitor.

On my AOpen AK77Plus I get about 48C idle and 54C stressed; with the same CPU (XP1500+) and cooler (Thermaltake Dragon Orb 3 copper insert) on an ECS K7S5A I got about 52C and 58C respectively, depending on bios version (+/- 2C).

Thanks man! Can u direct me the link to the new Seti Quake engine software and the CPU burn? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back